Congregation Kol Tikvah
Kol Tikvah prides itself on its use of multiple channels to communicate with its members.
The web calendar includes listings for the current and upcoming months. Kol Tikvahs website is updated daily, and a subsequent weekly e-mail informs congregants of newly posted items. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your e-mail address added to the distribution list.
The religious school communicates in several ways. The website has constant updates for parents. The calendar is posted online and any class changes are listed. A monthly newsletter from the principal is included in the Voice. Notices are sent home with the children or emailed to parents regarding upcoming events.
The principal is just a phone call away if parents need information or want to discuss their child.
We also encourage you to use other congregants as resources. The Member Directory contains a comprehensive membership address and phone list, including e-mail addresses and children’s names.
Kol Tikvah welcomes interfaith couples that have decided to maintain and develop a connection to the Jewish community. Non-Jewish spouses participate in all activities of the congregation, including volunteer work. Non-Jewish parents and their families will have an opportunity to participate in their child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
Members in good standing will receive complimentary tickets. Tickets are available for purchase to non-members as well as those related to members of Congregation Kol Tikvah.
Babysitting is available on Friday nights at no charge. Also, during High Holy Day services.
Yes. Tot Shabbat for preschool age children is held once a month on Friday evenings. These services are led by a teacher of the Religious school as well as members of the youth program.
Shabbat services at Kol Tikvah are a combination of Hebrew and English, offering both traditional and new melodies.
Kol Tikvah prides itself on family-friendly services. Children are encouraged to attend. An onsite babysitter is available for children too young to participate, or who are unable to sit through an entire service.
Each Shabbat service is followed by an Oneg. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other members of the congregation. We encourage you to use this time to get to know the other congregants.
Members of our congregation fall primarily into two groups. Approximately 80% are families with children. The remaining 20% have children away at school or are empty nesters. Kol Tikvah strives to offer programs and services to meet the needs of each of these groups.
Congregation Kol Tikvah is a place to learn about community, history and religion in a warm, caring and friendly environment. We represent a congregation that respects and understands the needs of our ever-changing society while perpetuating the ethical, educational and moral values of Judaism. We maintain a commitment to the State of Israel.
Kol Tikvah is a member of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ).
Congregation Kol Tikvah was founded in 1991 by six families who aimed to fill a need. Their goal was to create a Reform synagogue to serve the growing areas of Parkland, West Boca, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and Margate. The founding families appropriately chose Kol Tikvah, Voice of Hope, for this new endeavor.
Kol Tikvah is committed to preserving many of the Jewish traditions that were often lost in Reform congregations. For example, most men wear a yarmulke and tallit, and Tashlich and Selichot services are offered.
Kol Tikvah’s leadership still believes that members will flourish within a smaller congregation. As such, we distinguish ourselves by capping our membership at 400 family units.
We are a dynamic extended family that encourages active member participation. Our members come together for prayer and education, and most congregants have developed strong personal friendships over the years. As we grow, our goal is to retain this closeness while serving the changing needs of an increasingly complex world.
Our full-service synagogue includes Shabbat and holiday services, religious school, preschool, adult education, youth groups, social opportunities and so much more.
You will be amazed at what a synagogue of our size is proud to offer. Kol Tikvah is rapidly growing and there is still much to do. We welcome you to join our family.
Reform – leaning toward Traditional.
Yes, beginning at 12 months of age children can attend the Phylis J Green Early Childhood Center.
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. For more information see our School Schedule.